MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This takes a little explaining, and some will know exactly what I'm talking about, and others not. But this is for those people like myself with arthritis in the back and hips.
Initially, I found the seats in the TF very comfortable, however after longer runs my hip ached once I got home, so much so I almost thought I'd have to stick to short trips like 30 mile max. But I found a seat cushion that looked ideal, and after having it in the car now for over a week, and doing several long trips I can confirm its a winner.

The secret of this one is its wedged, and made of memory foam. Its not cheap, but covers the TF seat enough to add softness to the seat edges, where my hips are, and fills that dip that your back falls into over time. The first trip in it my Mrs said she felt she could do more trips with me now, as the seating was much softer. It comes sealed, and once out of the packaging, inflates itself. Time will tell for longevity, but its not an everyday car for me anyway. It adds about 1inch maximum
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

I'll try and get a picture on them in the car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This takes a little explaining, and some will know exactly what I'm talking about, and others not. But this is for those people like myself with arthritis in the back and hips.
Initially, I found the seats in the TF very comfortable, however after longer runs my hip ached once I got home, so much so I almost thought I'd have to stick to short trips like 30 mile max. But I found a seat cushion that looked ideal, and after having it in the car now for over a week, and doing several long trips I can confirm its a winner.

The secret of this one is its wedged, and made of memory foam. Its not cheap, but covers the TF seat enough to add softness to the seat edges, where my hips are, and fills that dip that your back falls into over time. The first trip in it my Mrs said she felt she could do more trips with me now, as the seating was much softer. It comes sealed, and once out of the packaging, inflates itself. Time will tell for longevity, but its not an everyday car for me anyway. It adds about 1inch maximum View attachment 137357 View attachment 137357

I'll try and get a picture on them in the car.
Hi is it sensible to have such a low car with an arthritic back and hips? I would be concerned about getting out in case my back locked up if it were me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi is it sensible to have such a low car with an arthritic back and hips? I would be concerned about getting out in case my back locked up if it were me.
You tend to only get a locked up back if you don't exercise it. I do a bit of yoga to keep mine flexible, but I still have arthritis in the hips, knees and lower back. Disc bulge problems are more associated with backs locking up, arthritis is always there, disc get better over time buddy, when the fluid goes down. Exercise does not cure arthritis or disc problems, but it does help with mobility. Also I don't think MGs are a sensible car anyway, but people still love the blooming things?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts