MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know if seatbelts out of a 3door will fit a 5door as in a 3door the seatbelt is further bck due to the door being longer but would this not matter???

need to know asap cheers

·
Registered
rover_45
282 Posts
If you want a rapid but fairly useless answer, then "yes probably". Although the actual mechanism is probably the same the seatbelt webbing might be longer on the three door model.

If you want an accurate and useful answer have a little more patience and wait a bit. It's Friday. people are getting home, maybe having a little after work end of the week get together and then having their dinner. Allow a little bit of feet up time for the news and "A Question of Sport"...then, MAYBE, after a whole week at work stuck in front of a computer they'll start visiting their fave online forum!

Your question isn't being ignored, it's just that members are reluctant to post unless they actually KNOW the answer. That, and you have to allow a little time for them to get online....:friday:

·
Registered
rover_25
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
point taken!! but its sunday now just dont want to spend me cash and they dont fit!

could someone post a pick of the seatbelt part which goes on the rail and i will compare with my.
thanks

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
They are listed as seperate parts numbers, but I can't really see there being an issue as long as the mountings are the same and the belt retracts fully.

·
Registered
51 Posts
from experience - no they wont.

i got a set of 3 door ones from a scrappy but didnt try fitting until some time later. its like they are back to front or summat (no i didnt get em the wrong way round!) the mounts are different.

so was rather annoyed since i had just spent much time removing seats etc etc!!!

you may well get em in but the belt will be twisted and the lower mount for the end of the belt itself will be the wrong way round.

so theres your answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts