MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these off ebay for only 6.99 inc postage . They are really good quality and look good from outside car, and when wearing them too. (Ignore the fact I have red piping on seats, that will change to blue in future).

go on then, flame me then. I like them

Attachments

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
No mate, they look good! Something that I've been thinking about recently though - do you think it would be good/possible/practical/worth it (!) to have the seat belts trimmed in leather. It could surely be done without removing them?

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Liamm83 said:
No mate, they look good! Something that I've been thinking about recently though - do you think it would be good/possible/practical/worth it (!) to have the seat belts trimmed in leather. It could surely be done without removing them?
Would this not affect the belts though, i.e how they roll up etc etc. Dont know much about that really. I reckon belts are important enough not to fcuk with.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yea I've got a pair of plain black ones (around £2 from a motor world type place) there so much kinder to your neck. I found before that the seat belt used to saw into my neck if I have a t shirt on - depends how tall your body is I think. Plus they stop the seat belts falling behind the seats and they don't restrict the movement of the belt (unless you put them on to tight - velcro seam)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
sorry but do you usually play quasar lazer in your car?!! :dddc:

just joking

i quite like em but if it was just to keep the seatbelt from falling behind the seats i think id get the ms seat belt tidy things!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
In the F we have leather ones to mtch the interior.

In the mini I have ones with naked ladies on :naughty: which were a present from someone on this board!!! (yes I am female)

Being very short I find them very necessary to stop serious chafing on my neck.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had trouble with the seat belt tidys and had to send them back. After only a hour of driving they had marked the belts and gone slightly furry (ie wearing away the belt) I think it was due to the high angle between shoulder and tidy
I prob have got round it by fitting it at the top of the head rest and moving the head rest higher but it ment that the seat belt didnt flow as easily back and looked silly

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys, glad they dont look tooo Chavish!

You might want to keep an eye out fpor them if intrested, they are really good quality soft "leather' feel and for 7 quid you can't go wrong.

not sure about different colours though

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Must say they don't look as bad as I first thought they would, though they've always struck me as a must have chav item, sporting something like "racing" or "max power".
Been thinking about investing in those seat belt tidys, maybe my arms aren't long enough or i'm just lazy but it's a pain in the ar$e reaching back for them everytime I get in!

Jonathan

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Loaky said:
Must say they don't look as bad as I first thought they would, though they've always struck me as a must have chav item, sporting something like "racing" or "max power".
Been thinking about investing in those seat belt tidys, maybe my arms aren't long enough or i'm just lazy but it's a pain in the ar$e reaching back for them everytime I get in!

Jonathan

.. got some a while ago... personally think they are very good.... have a look at the this old thread around post 12-13-14

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=21773&highlight=shiny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts