MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it was really nice and warm today I decided to get some more screenwash.

I always use Shell screenwash. In the winter, it's blue. In the summer, it's pink. (Cue requests to borrow a bottle to watch the change happen! :slap: :lol:)

I found some Shell summer screenwash in a great big 2l eco-friendly sachet. Quite cheap, too, I thought - £4.10. When I got home, though, I found it wasn't concentrate, it's pre-mixed (diluted with water) and therefore many times more expensive than I had thought.

Beware!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
The most cost effective screenwash I've come across is Volvo's own brand stuff. Designed to contend with the worst excesses of a Scandinavian Winter, the quantities required for a UK Winter are ridiculously low. Plus it smells nice as well... :err:

Regards

John

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Plus it smells nice as well... :err:
umm umm so you're told... ;)

I used to use Volvo screenwash. It came in small white plastic bottles.

Then I used to use BMW screenwash - it came in huge transparent plastic bottles a bit like Tesco modern economy water bottles! (Ali in the shop said it was definitely OE and that Der Original BMW Screenvosh always smells of Squezy liquid... :lol:)

In Germany's cold, though, I switched to the widely-available Shell and haven't looked back since...(because the rear window is covered in grime? :lol:)

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
umm umm so you're told... ;)

I used to use Volvo screenwash. It came in small white plastic bottles.

Then I used to use BMW screenwash - it came in huge transparent plastic bottles a bit like Tesco modern economy water bottles! (Ali in the shop said it was definitely OE and that Der Original BMW Screenvosh always smells of Squezy liquid... :lol:)

In Germany's cold, though, I switched to the widely-available Shell and haven't looked back since...(because the rear window is covered in grime? :lol:)
Yup, the Volvo stuff still comes in chemical grade, small plastic white bottles which are so small they look like they should contain something inherently more nasty!

Regards

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts