MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. My TF has developed quite a few chips and scratches on the front of the bonnet. What can I do about them?

Are there any decent chip repair kits out there, are will I need to get the fron resprayed?

I'll post pics later.

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
84 Posts
me to :banghead: but I have this guys number who re sprayed my back wing at home will post the number tomorrow.did a great job and a good price

·
Registered
84 Posts
wheel refurbishment?

anyone no anyone good, I no a guy that does them for 50 quid a wheel but my mate said thats to much money?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
anyone no anyone good, I no a guy that does them for 50 quid a wheel but my mate said thats to much money?
£200 to refurbish 4 wheels, or around £300 for 4 brand new ones and you get to sell your existing ones as well.....

Bit of a no-brainer realy!.

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
As above, if the scratches are right through the top coat of paint, either to primer or metal, a respray is the only answer, or repaired by a mobile service like Chips Away. If the scratches have not gone so deep, a body shop should be able to buff them out using an electric mop and some cutting paste.

Just done the boot lid on our MGF as it had a few light scratches, came up a treat, the surface is like glass now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts