MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends managed to get a fair few small scratchs on her punto and I was wondering what product would be best to get it back to mintish condition. I was thinking of going down halfords and getting a little paint touch up pen but I would prefer to just get a product so if I scratch my car I can use it and get rid of a few swirl marks on my car. What would you guys recommend then??? I was thinking Meguiars scratch x but didn't know if it'd be strong enough.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where in sheffield are you??

if you want i can take a look and give you an idea of what you'll need.

Andy
i think I'm just gonna have a bash at them with the scratch x stuff and see how that goes but its really nice of you too offer. just made a little order on cleanyourcar so I can do a mini detail on mine and the missus car's so should hopefully get them out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you run your finger nail across the scratch, and it catches, then you will need a touch up. Swirl marks can be removed with scratch-x or filled with Super Resin Polish. For bad swirls, go part way with Scratch-x, and then fill with SRP.

For real swirl removing, use a PC, or get Andy to do it seeing as your up that way:broon:

Rich.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Give it a go and if you cant get rid drop me a pm and we can sort out a time to meet up and have a look at the damage.

and post pictures :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts