MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2003 75 Classic. I'm hoping for some advice regarding the maintenance requirements.

I'm up to the 30 000km service. The vehicle is serviced every 10 000km for an oil change and inspection.

My owner's handbook isn't helpful when it comes to the replacement intervals for the air or fuel filters.

I am hoping you Gurus can provide me with recommended service/replacement intervals for my 75...

The service interval is stated as 24150km normal condition or 12500km arduous conditions. My mechanic says 25000km is WAY to long and so is 12500km and oil is the cheapest thing you can put into your car and I agree.

Note: I purchased the 75 with 6000km on the clock in July 2005. When MG Rover Group failed the MG Rover (Australia) Group also failed and as a result 200 vehicles were auctioned off. I purchased mine at auction and immediately had it fully serviced including the replacement of all fluids. So, I have a baseline for the age and distance travelled on break, power steering, cooling etc fluids.

Thank you,
Canary.

·
Registered
rover_75
78 Posts
Hi, i'm just looking for a copy of the rover servicing pdf, it tells you what should be changed and at what intervals. When i find it i will post it.

Edit Mike beats me to it by 27 mins

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...

Dear Guru's,

Thanks for the link and advice. One thing, does the 75 petrol have a conventional fuel filter that needs regular replacement or, is it in the fuel tank?

Thanks again,
Canary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.