MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It probably sounds like quite a sad thing for someone to collect, but I like to have a scale model of every car I've owned. I've not seen any model TF's before so was wondering whether anyone had come across a good scale model before and could recommend a supplier, including those to avoid?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
The kit is very good quality TBO and very detailed.
I say kit as you will need to build and paint it yourself, which does put a few people off as the result will only be as good as your model building skills.

Yes I do have one and no, even 6 months after buying it I still haven't got round to finishing it :lol:
There are several ready made models of the F around though, but no TF as yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd seen that one, and to be honest the picture doesn't look like it's doing itself any justice. That, and my lack of model building skills, kind of ruled it out.

Is there a superglued fingers smily? :lol:

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
I've seen these as a kit and offered already made up. Apart from the expensive price for the kit (£30), the extortionate price for the built kit (£74), I thought it was pretty poor as a model and made worse by being banana (sorry Pete). Not a patch on teh real quality F models about.

A link to the TF160 model

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Its got to be possible to scratch build one... I used to do so with model aircraft in the dim and distant.

Might have a go one day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im sad too

i collect all the cars ive owned to try e bay under toys ive had some 1st class buys 10 so far only want another 23

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,711 Posts
SHARKYMGF said:
Yes I do have one and no, even 6 months after buying it I still haven't got round to finishing it :lol:
There are several ready made models of the F around though, but no TF as yet.
i have one too, and NO i ain't even started mine yet:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts