MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a GS yesterday on roundabout of M1 J27 first one I have seen. Then I saw one overtake me on the A42 whilst I was on my way down to Avonmouth. 2 in as many days. I regularly see 3's and even 6's. Obviously I see at least one 3 every single day lol

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Not one MG GS spotted for me

I've yet to see one driving around London in the flesh.

The closest I have been to a GS when looking at the one that was in the MG Piccadilly showroom before the U.K version was released.

I don't think that it is selling because of the engine not being a diesel.

The not so positive magazine reviews probably didn't help either.

Cheers..

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Saw one in red with grey plastic going the opposite way on the A45 between Rugby and Coventry at the weekend. The first private positive I.D. as I thought I saw one going the opposite way about months ago on the A46 but not certain. I did see an MG UK demonstrator last year (complete with MG splashed all over it), also travelling the opposite direction on the M450. What is it about the GS and the opposite side of the road?

·
Registered
mg_tf
160 Posts
I saw one today too. M50 I think (so many roads).

Is it 4x4 or just a people carrier that looks like a 4x4?

Val.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've yet to see one driving around London in the flesh.

The closest I have been to a GS when looking at the one that was in the MG Piccadilly showroom before the U.K version was released.

I don't think that it is selling because of the engine not being a diesel.

The not so positive magazine reviews probably didn't help either.

Cheers..
I had revisited the MG Piccadilly showroom today to have a closer look at the U.K spec GS though sadly as it was 15 minutes before 12 p.m. it was still closed with the interior lights off and no one in sight

Owing to the large overhanging area of the front of the building it does seem to be a favourite spot for the local homeless people to camp outside though.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.508...&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-US

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Finally saw an MG GS in real life

Finally saw an MG GS drive by at around 12 p.m. on Eltham high street yesterday.

Registration GN17SWK and was an Exclusive in Mocha Brown metallic.

According to the number plate the car was registered in Maidstone.

GN = Garden of England

Cheers..

·
Registered
11,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen quite a few GS now on my travels out and about. Saw one on the A14 a few weeks back with a private plate on it in Mocha Brown. Saw one locally and several others on the near work, on the M1, M6, A500 and various other places off the top of my head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts