MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
that wants a lot of work on it but its not unsaveable , and i bet there aint many around like that now , its the ordinary stuff no one saves

·
Registered
429 Posts
They were fine cars that were very underrated. There was more space in one of those than any Cortina or Cavalier............
Brings back memories of my 2200HLS. Hope someone saves this one.

Adrian.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Dr Dave said:
Bid placed!
I JUST PLACED A BID TOO, TO SAVE IT FROM THE CRUSHER BUT EVEN £50 WILL NOT SAVE IT! Anyway I am guessing that you are more mechanically minded than myself, so if you want it I won't bid anymore. I would however, like to see some photo's of the finished project. Good luck

·
Registered
other_rover
2,255 Posts
Judging from members' responses, it was a very good idea on the part of all those who posted details on here from ebay for this, the Metro and the Maestro.

Looks as if a few deserving motors will end up in sympathetic hands, which can only be a good thing.

·
Registered
other_rover
2,255 Posts
adrian williams said:
They were fine cars that were very underrated. There was more space in one of those than any Cortina or Cavalier............
Brings back memories of my 2200HLS. Hope someone saves this one.

Adrian.
Many years ago I had an 1800 HL and subsequently a 2200 HLS. Both were very plush, smooth, comfortable and handled well, and very quiet inside when compared to rival models from other manufacturers. They weren't at all bad on petrol either.

One nice feature was the individual fold-down armrest on the inner side of each front seat. That was somethiong that Wolseley did on their 18/85 and Six if I remember rightly; Vanden Plas cars had it too, as did the Daimler 21/2 litre V8, the S type Jaguars, 420/Daimler Sovereign, and the huge Mk 10/420G.

·
Registered
classic_rover
777 Posts
Of course, you can get £100 just for the front brake callipers... But it'd be better if you buy it and get it to look like this...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts