MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR ALL MG/ROVER ENTHUSIASTS WORLDWIDE - SAVE MG ROVER WITH PLEDGE INVESTMENT

MG Rover, Britain's last volume car/automobile manufacturer was forced into Administration on 8 April 2005. As a philanthropic
organisation dedicated to the survival of the MG and Rover marquees, Save MGR would like to take this opportunity to invite
"pledge investors" to pledge their potential investment in respect of the possible acquisition of MG Rover or constituent parts
(ie. MG/Rover/both marquees).

NO CASH IS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME

The goal of Save MGR is to establish a solid level of interest - which would allow the preparation of a formal structure, stakes
in which would be available for purchase by pledge investors. By pledging your investment you are not only helping to secure
the future of two iconic marquees, but also writing motoring, commercial and Internet history.

www.savemgr.org.uk

Many thanks for your time - keep MG Rover rolling!

Save MGR

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Your site was found earlier today and has already been mentioned... click here

I for one have pledged, as have a number of others, but we were a bit worried when the pledge amount appeared to drop considerably this afternoon - can you shed any light on this?

Obviously, the very best of luck with the venture - have a v-:beer: on me.

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Have just pledged 100 quid, 'cos I have a dream! SaveMGR can I suggest that you circulate this to some of the big owners clubs. Not just MG or Rover ones but any old BMC ones. The Triumph Stag owners club has about 5000 members. That's just ONE model from one brand! They regually fundraise for new parts so I'm sure they would like to help if poss. The MG owners club is the biggest club in the world for a car brand. I would also suggest emailing magazines such as Auto Express and Autocar. I'm sure they would print something for you in a mag.

Realistically in order to secure the MG brand I think we may need to raise £50 million (the price SAIC offered for MGR). I would argue that a big player is likely to snap this up and the government will help them just to try and secure production in the UK. On the other hand if we could secure Austin then it's likely to cost less and with the help of the Healey family then we could have a goer! Not trying to discourage you 'cos it's a great idea, but you may want to consider putting the Austin Healey badge up there too (just so people know what they may be pledging too).

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
savemgr said:
FOR ALL MG/ROVER ENTHUSIASTS WORLDWIDE - SAVE MG ROVER WITH PLEDGE INVESTMENT

MG Rover, Britain's last volume car/automobile manufacturer was forced into Administration on 8 April 2005. As a philanthropic
organisation dedicated to the survival of the MG and Rover marquees, Save MGR would like to take this opportunity to invite
"pledge investors" to pledge their potential investment in respect of the possible acquisition of MG Rover or constituent parts
(ie. MG/Rover/both marquees).

NO CASH IS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME

The goal of Save MGR is to establish a solid level of interest - which would allow the preparation of a formal structure, stakes
in which would be available for purchase by pledge investors. By pledging your investment you are not only helping to secure
the future of two iconic marquees, but also writing motoring, commercial and Internet history.

www.savemgr.org.uk

Many thanks for your time - keep MG Rover rolling!

Save MGR
What concerns me...is I have no idea who you are...and why you've only just joined the biggest MGR enthuisiasts site?

·
Banned
4,808 Posts
Excellent, total pledges so far £24000, governments just lent them about 6 million to keep going a week, by my calculations all your efforts so far should keep them going an extra 45 minutes :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts