MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is needed is to get one of the daily newspapers behind a save MG Rover campaign, like The Sun or The Mirror.

This would get up the noses of the so-called quality newspapers who have caused the problems at MG Rover. I am sure the editors of The Sun or Mirror would love to get one over on them and also to get a dig at the government.

What do you reckon?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SteveChilds said:
I can't see it working, The Sun have always been anti MGR....
No they haven't of late - they got the scoop of RDX60 and first drive of the 75 Coupe. They were right behind the Phoenix 4 back in 2000.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That is Ken Gibson mainly though not the Sun per se. I said to my Wife exactly the same thing earlier, we need The Sun on board. BBC News 24 has just reported that SAIC pulled out due to the fact they thought that MGR couldn't survive for 2 years as it was. This is probably true but extremely sad. What the hell are we doing in this country?

Anthony.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm afraid Steve's right.
The Sun is a sister paper of The Times, one of the main culprits in the destruction of MGR.
The Mirror owns Birmingham's Evening Mail and Birmingham Post and neither of those papers have really supported Longbridge during the crisis.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truebrit said:
I'm afraid Steve's right.
The Sun is a sister paper of The Times, one of the main culprits in the destruction of MGR.
The Mirror owns Birmingham's Evening Mail and Birmingham Post and neither of those papers have really supported Longbridge during the crisis.
Its worth a try - certainly The Mirror would then have more to gain by backing it.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
I agree with the approach, but not so sure The Sun or The Mirror are the right papers. What about The Daily Mail.... after all, it's Daily Mail female readers who apparently won Tony and his cronies the last election :err:

John

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
the mirror seems to go for campaigns like this, I ve always remember them goin for something that will upset the government , I bet they;d be up for it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Forget one or two papers get everyone involved

Get America involved too as Tony will always do as they say

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its clear what the governement are doing, spending millions on an unjust war, spending millions on a welfare state being leeched dry by parasites and spending millions on asylum seekers, and not spending anything trying to save british jobs. I dont put british it capaitals because what is there to be pround of? nothing.

Definately moving to Germany to live with my girlfriend now, would rather live in a foreign country and be unable to be proud of my british heritage than live in britain and be ashamed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts