MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sat nav locked up yesterday then the option went off the screen :( still have trip and tele availble though :)

disconnected the battery to reset everything and sat nav is back on but it keeps losing track of where it is, if you put it on map it shows the arrow jumping up and down the road and then turning round all over :(

Is this a common problem or is the sat nav box dead???

its on a 51 ztt 190 thanks

andy

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sat Nav

my sat nav locked up yesterday then the option went off the screen :( still have trip and tele availble though :)

disconnected the battery to reset everything and sat nav is back on but it keeps losing track of where it is, if you put it on map it shows the arrow jumping up and down the road and then turning round all over :(

Is this a common problem or is the sat nav box dead???

its on a 51 ztt 190 thanks

andy
I understand you have to fully power down the Sat Nav before disconnecting the battery or you will corrupt it. Trust you got the info. you needed on ICE forum

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I'd say the Sat Nav computer itself *sounds* as though it's dying.

I haven't got one but someone might have an old MK1 unit you can try to see if it cures the fault.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might be worth trying an old mk1 unit then, anyone form nottingham/derby area????

No replys to ICE forum :(

might just have to save a few quid and upgrade it to the mk4 with the widescreen then :)

Have been keeping an eye on fleabay and the mk3 units fetch about £150 take it they arent very hardy

cheers all

andy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can anyone tell me what i need to change to mk 4 sat nav and widescreen, been on bmw forums and they all say the mk4 is loads better and more hardy :)

take it this isnt going to be cheap :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sat Nav

I've replaced a Mk3 with a Mk 4 fairly recently. I still have the Mk3 and live in your area if you want to try it. Send me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts