MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound insane but I have a feeling that it could well be business as usual by monday. SAIC own lot of bits of Rover including right to the Rover brand name but unless they act quickly then the entire dealer network coud collapse. If SAIC want to do a deal then surely they must intervene quickly. I also think that productioln of at least one volume car will stay at Longbridge. Partly to greese the political wheels, but mainlly because it still needs to be seen as a British brand.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
I spoke to a dealer today and from what I was told there is no need to get concerned at the moment about the integrity of the MG Rover Dealer Network.

Additionally, it has been reported elsewhere that Network Representatives have been in discussion with MG Rover and are currently satisified with the assurances provided by the company.

Regards

John

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
I know my boss phoned Longbridge up yesterday morning and he was told it's business as usual for warranty work/ parts and sales and if there was any news the dealer would be notified. 16 people came and picked up there new Rovers and MG's this morning.

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,322 Posts
IT IS ELECTION TIME do you really think Tony Blair would put his face on the telly saying we can put something together (bit breathless looking,... slight grimace, like it could be difficult but hey....you know me I can do it)and not deliver.... THIS MAN IS A LAWYER he is also the most educated pm we have ever had,and a bloody good actor he NEVER misses a photo oportunity and would never get involved with a catastrophe this close to an election... Its a done deal KEEP THE PRESSURE ON.HE AND GORDON ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE HEROS OR ZEROS...bloody hell that sounds really good heros or zeros maybe we should e-mail it to them and ask them what they want to be.

IVAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts