MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'10 TF135
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all.
Has anyone found out how to remove these pedal covers?
They're from a SAIC TF and are extremely slippery when wet. I've got some standard rubber covers to replace them but these have to be removed first.
They have an 'overlap' around the like the rubbers. They're very firmly in place but no nuts seem to hold them in place...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are they just folded around the pedal? Could you not just prise them off?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'10 TF135
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep seem to be folded around a pedal but very firmly fixed. Wondering if there's a screw behind the middle black stud.
Quite hard to get at to prise + very wary of breaking something. They look like alloy but...
Can't find them on 'net. Wondering if they're a standard fit that someone's had some experience with? Or aftermarket?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have an LE and my pedals are metal with prominent rubber grips, similar to the ones in your picture but the raised bumps are rubber. That's the actual pedal, they're not covers, so maybe this is some after market item. I doubt you'll break anything prising them off, get a flat head screwdriver under them lol

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'10 TF135
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. In that case roobs I'm encouraged to think that your rubber grips are my hard slippery bumps of plastic if your pedals are the same.
From the service history there was very little evidence of much money being spent on my car even for servicing (eg cam belt replaced after 7yrs and original water pump left in place...) let alone aftermarket luxury.
I've stuck some circular rubbery bits on the hard plastic bumps in an attempt to increase the wet grip. First thought was to try to pry one of them out, but I like to find replacements before forcing stuff and I can't 'see' these pedals in (eg) Rimmers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts