MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL. First let me thank the organizers of the excellent "doo" at Beaulieu last weekend. well done. After chatting to informed guys there I decided to looksee if I had the dreaded rust on my 52 plate tourer brake pipes, and yes around the supporting clips there was rust. Not too bad but rusty all the same. Simple cure was to jack up drivers side on the front jacking point. Place an axle stand and crawl under, pipes are easy to see and get at. Quick scrub of the bad bits with a copper brush and a good splurge of waxoyl all round. Should last the life of the car now I would recommend everyone who is capable to take a look. it's so easy to arrest the rust but a bummer if causes an MOT fail. Also Waxoyl goes on much better and creeps into all those little gaps if it's warm like today.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes,

I was under NNG this afternoon changing the oil, and I think it will be time to get the Waxoyl and Hammerrite out when I return from holiday in a couple of weeks.

The front sub frames is starting to show signs of rust that can easily be wire brushed away and Hammerited. Other than that, the very earliest signs of rust around the brake pipes which will be similarly treated.

Car is March 02 CDT Tourer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts