MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_800
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of small rust spots are about to make their way through the paint on the front of the bonnet and a wheelarch. I'd like to nip these in the bud so how do I go about it and can I realistically make an ok job of the paint using the 2 pack little pots from Halfords? It's a Nightfire red 820.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
It's going to be difficult to get a good job done, but I recall there was a guide in every single Haynes Manual - do you have an odd car manual hanging around?

You could apply the same sort of technique to your alloy wheel too, just don't expect superb results.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have used the Halfords stuff for repairing some rust spots around the bodywork. Full instructions are either on the cans or on their website. I personally used the mettalic paint+lacquer. The finish was very good...in fact i was impressed with myself. 1 year down the line and it's still shiny and smooth. However the shade is miles out...could be due to my car being 13 years old and a light'ish colour, so the original paintwork has faded substantially.

·
Registered
rover_75
207 Posts
Tenesmus said:
A couple of small rust spots are about to make their way through the paint on the front of the bonnet and a wheelarch. I'd like to nip these in the bud so how do I go about it and can I realistically make an ok job of the paint using the 2 pack little pots from Halfords? It's a Nightfire red 820.
Most bodyshops suppliers/paint factors now will mix you an aerosol to the exact shade you need.
Might be worth a look. It will probably be more expensive than Halfords but it'll be worth it for the end result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.