MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly - it would have sent out a strong message if the had bothered to use home-built products.....rather than this Germanic stuff......nice as it is though :err:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ed Wessex still drives a 75

Also Phil The Greek has either a 75 or ZT

Disgusting that the next King drives an Audi and The King after that drives a VW

·
Registered
305 Posts
Interesting that when our revered leader Tony Blair arrived at Longbridge alongside Gordon Brown to smirk at the cameras and tell us how dreadful it all was for Rover's workforce, he drove up in a Jaguar.

If that doesn't send a message, nothing does.

He's banking on the old maxim that news becomes old news in five days!

Why should he worry, he's got rid of 1,000,000 manufacturing jobs in less than 8 years without anyone caring - some record for a so-called Labour government.

Let's see now - er, there's a shelf stackers job going at B&Q at £5.75 an hour if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Camilla and Chalres are Audi fans and have contracts.

Charles is saxon in origin so guess we can say fine.

We are anlgos or Celts so its not fine. Drive MGR, support MGR thats all we know. If it ain't what you doing ere guys.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well...in view of the weeks events, surely one or two could have followed the motorcade out of the Castle?!

Oh well.....never mind!

·
Registered
317 Posts
fyi.. there wasa 75, but the primeinister got into it.. it was on the news sometime today.. it was dark blue.. but i cant remeber if it was the wedding or somethign else.

but i know for sure it was a 75

Rob

·
Registered
989 Posts
that was when tony and gordon were in brum. it was gordon brown getting into the 75. Tony blair absolutely stupidly got into a jag xj. ****

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I totally agree, but it just might have not been possible, what with the upheaval of ths week - he's had onehelluva week, hasn't he?

·
Registered
989 Posts
when the grand national was postoned my local radio wanted listeners to come up with captions etc. thw winner was "Grand national postponed because charles is worried he might spot another horse to get off with." LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts