MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
Why the hell do they have Jerusuleum playing in the background?

Thats a patriotic British tune. So embarrasing; the thought that it's promoting some Chinese takeaway.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That Advertisment is superb !

It has everything to make you want to keep watching ! Dont dismiss the Chinese as a******s before they have been given a chance to prove what they can do.

Regardless of whatever music is on the sound track, its a brilliant piece of advertising that MG Rover should have used in 1999 or at least at the MK2 launch !

One thing that was a bit funny though, the speeded up "round the hairpin" shots !

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
That Advertisment is superb !

It has everything to make you want to keep watching ! Dont dismiss the Chinese as a******s before they have been given a chance to prove what they can do.

Regardless of whatever music is on the sound track, its a brilliant piece of advertising that MG Rover should have used in 1999 or at least at the MK2 launch !

One thing that was a bit funny though, the speeded up "round the hairpin" shots !
Can you imagine the average "Milton Keynes" man (modern Brit) being excited by that? He wants thumping chav gangsta beats in his adverts to suit his egotistical mentality.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Can you imagine the average "Milton Keynes" man (modern Brit) being excited by that? He wants thumping chav gangsta beats in his adverts to suit his egotistical mentality.
Well seeing as the car will never see "milton Keynes man" and i doubt A chav will ever get the chance to drive one, the Chinese are pretty safe with their advert !

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Well seeing as the car will never see "milton Keynes man" and i doubt A chav will ever get the chance to drive one, the Chinese are pretty safe with their advert !
Oh don't get me wrong ,the Chinese will love this.

What annoys me is it plays up to the cars 'British heritage' ,when in reality it hasen't got any. Not that it's gonna bother SAIC any as long as it sells them!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong ,the Chinese will love this.

What annoys me is it plays up to the cars 'British heritage' ,when in reality it hasen't got any. Not that it's gonna bother SAIC any as long as it sells them!
It plays up to British heritage because it DOES have it ! Have you been to Mars between 1999 and 2005 ! Its got oodles of Britishness. The only thing that has been updated is the interior, the rest is, for all intent and purposes, a Rover 75 !

Its good car and a good improvement on R75, its also a lot better than the mish mash that is Nanjings efforts ! They havent changed a bit of the car and are now going to produce a 2002/3 ZT !

Credit where credit is due !

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It plays up to British heritage because it DOES have it ! Have you been to Mars between 1999 and 2005 ! Its got oodles of Britishness. The only thing that has been updated is the interior, the rest is, for all intent and purposes, a Rover 75 !

Its good car and a good improvement on R75, its also a lot better than the mish mash that is Nanjings efforts ! They havent changed a bit of the car and are now going to produce a 2002/3 ZT !

Credit where credit is due !
Okay I'll put it another way-they don't have the Rover name ,so they make up a silly name which sounds like it.

They don't have the Rover badge so they make up one like it.

Whether it's as good as the UK built cars remains to be seen ,however I'll stick with my Longbridge built ZT ,not that I think it will matter anyway 'cos i don't think they'll sell the wrong way here anyway!

I just feel the way they've ripped off what they couldn't get is very unprofessional.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
439 Posts
Okay I'll put it another way-they don't have the Rover name ,so they make up a silly name which sounds like it.

They don't have the Rover badge so they make up one like it.
Only the English name is similar, but seeing as they're focusing on domestic markets for the time being, the name isnt an issue. They have also built the name from nothing, to being a widely recognised brand in 6 months in the domestic market, and to some extent the international market.

The Roewe badge has just continued the shape of the original Rover badge - the contents are distinctly Chinese. What do the Swedes think of pasty white Anglo Saxons using a longship on their national brand?

The Roewe 750's interior blows the MG7's away. Performance, and overall build quality have yet to be seen.

Roewe have taken deposits for 6300 cars in 70 days, they arent doing too bad sales wise.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
great ad, but it just reminds how incredibly clumsy the new rear and the awful front are.

The badge continues more than just the shape - it also mimics the colour scheme. Colours are very important for recognition - the reason why Coca Cola will never change its corporate colours.

And as for Roewe building a name from nothing... controversy always does that. It doesn't mean they have a good name.

·
Registered
rover_45
310 Posts
Fantastic!

How funny is that. When the car drives through the gates into the grounds of that stately home all I could imagine was a pseudo Prince Phillip voice saying something like "Git orff the bladdy lawn" and the car disappearing in a ball of flame. Deary deary me that is truly terrible and is it me or does the car look a lot worse when moving than it does when stationary. It doesn't look quite right.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Sorry but that was unbelievably boring, ended up clicking on a maestro clip on the right hand side before a car actually came on (one did right!?)!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
The Roewe badge has just continued the shape of the original Rover badge - the contents are distinctly Chinese. What do the Swedes think of pasty white Anglo Saxons using a longship on their national brand?
SAIC are not just using a similar shaped badge. The more they stick with the plan offered them after pulling out of the deal with MGR and not going for a UK base, the more I fell disgusted by them. This is a company who told MGR not to talk to other partners.

The Viking badge was not used by Rover because another car company did so already. Ditto the name. There is a big difference. Nor is/was it the national brand.

Anyway, the Brits are part-viking, and the Viking's who came to Britain were from Danes and Norwegians.

Roewe have taken deposits for 6300 cars in 70 days, they arent doing too bad sales wise.
Depends on where those sales are from and how many they actually sell within the first year of launch.

·
Registered
984 Posts
"... and did those feeeeeeeeeet... in ancient tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmme....."

I couldn't stop thinking of that Monty Python sketch in the department store where Graham Chapman puts a bag over his head everytime someone says "mattress"

Dodgy ad, everything's done by 3D modelling which means they have no real car for filming (or are too cheap to front the costs of doing a real shoot)

And whoever the modeller was, he tried to be "clever" in the last scene by making the car lurch to a stop slightly. As if you would do that in a car ad.

Dodgy mainlanders....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ok scrub my last comment, I found it what a load of rubbish all CGI and the car looks out of proportion like it's 6ft high & 4ft wide and about 2ft off of the ground? And using music that in some peoples opinion should be the English national anthem, well lets face it with devolution, it could well be, assuming her Maj doesn't mind! That advert although rousing is poorly executed and if you ask me it's sending out the wrong message: If your a multi-millionaire and live in a castle you could afford one too. I know the Chinese ecconomy is booming, but not for the average Jin surely?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts