MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_600
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i would like to know what the equivalent of these rover models are in the honda models
im thinking of suspension side of things here?
i know the 200 is the same as civic,
but what are the same as the
400?
600?

cheers

star

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry to hijack thread but are any Honda and Rover 25 suspension parts interchangable? i.e. Coilovers/Dampers etc...

·
Registered
rover_600
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hijack thread but are any Honda and Rover 25 suspension parts interchangable? i.e. Coilovers/Dampers etc...
as far as i no the 200/25 suspension is the same so therfore the civic coilovers will fit (i think)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm pretty sure 200 and 25 suspension is different.

Didn't they stiffen up the 25 suspension a bit, by giving it suspension from the 200 Vi?

I'm not sure about how interchangable parts are, but I think the Rover Honda partnership seemed to end around '95, so I'm guessing a 200 after 95 (Bubble shape) most probably wouldn't be interchangable.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bubble 200 certainly isn't the same as any Honda as far as suspension goes!

Fronts *may* be interchangable with something, but the rears are modified Maestro units, and definitely no Honda equivalent.

Remember, the bubble 200 was actually no relation to any Honda at all, it was a ground up design by Rover. The bubble 400 was the Civic, the 600 the Accord, and the 800 the Legend.

·
Registered
rover_600
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bubble 200 certainly isn't the same as any Honda as far as suspension goes!

Fronts *may* be interchangable with something, but the rears are modified Maestro units, and definitely no Honda equivalent.

Remember, the bubble 200 was actually no relation to any Honda at all, it was a ground up design by Rover. The bubble 400 was the Civic, the 600 the Accord, and the 800 the Legend.
so what you are saying if i get a set of coilovers from a honda accord they will fit my new 600?

cheers

star

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Not strictly true - the front half of the chassis is based on that of the R8 200 which has plenty of Honda in it.

The R3 (bubble) 200's front suspension was based on that of the R8 so they may be some Honda-compatible springs. Save yourself a load of bother though and just get some coilovers from the ZR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts