MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Oooo the 75 has dire build quality!

And all the Honda Rover collabirations were awful apparently....

That forum is full of very clever people, I must say! After reading all that, I have realised all the cars I've owned have been or are totally rubbish and should be melted down into steel for the poor to buy. I will now go and purchace a nice mk3 VW Golf!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
You'll find that kind of ignorance out there in the world, thats why its probably best to stick to the Rover forums. With something like 4Car, you just don't know what you're getting- they can't even decide on a specific manufacturer to which to dedicate the website.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
IMO, all of the 4 forums are populated by narrow minded, uneducated sorts anyway. Therefore, the inaccurate, sensationalist, ramblings I read there does not surprise me in the least.

Most of em have no idea at all, but will sound off being self appointed "experts" on subjects they have absolutely no idea on, aside from what they can recall of a paragraph they read in a dentists surgery a few months before.

Muppets.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Not to mention they are the sort of idiots that stick those cheap and tacky england flags to there tarted up Saxo's, Nova's and Corsa's.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Brad Pitt said:
IMO, all of the 4 forums are populated by narrow minded, uneducated sorts anyway. Therefore, the inaccurate, sensationalist, ramblings I read there does not surprise me in the least.

Most of em have no idea at all, but will sound off being self appointed "experts" on subjects they have absolutely no idea on, aside from what they can recall of a paragraph they read in a dentists surgery a few months before.

Muppets.
Rover plant in Swindon indeed...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
morris-mg said:
I guess they mean the panel pressings plant.
I dunno what they think, but the first UK built Hondas were built at LB before Honda built their own plant in Swindon. Damn Channel 4s' registration process. We'll have to invade tomorrow instead...

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Nick Birse said:
I dunno what they think, but the first UK built Hondas were built at LB before Honda built their own plant in Swindon. Damn Channel 4s' registration process. We'll have to invade tomorrow instead...
Yes it was the Ballade and Concerto ranges built at LB. It is surprising how many concertos were made for the British market initially, although the production figures fell sharply towards the end of the cars life.

Concerto

Year figure
1989 2,260
1990 26,449
1991 35,952
1992 32,444
1993 18,406
1994 8,726
1995 2,199

Totals 126,436

source of figures: the legendary www.austin-rover.co.uk

------------------

speaking of the 4Car forum topic, these people are utter numpty's, some .org members introduction to the discussion would be great to see. Lets wait to see how they can justify some of their comments! :lol:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
adam6177 said:
everyones aim for next week.....try and use this word in every day conversation.

Thats made it to my word of the day slot!

Adam
I fear you've all spent too many hours listening to Steve Wright and The Big Quiz ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
and that Pearlescent Nightfire paint used to oxidize within a year!
What on earth were people doing to it?!?!

My mum and I have both had/got nightfire rovers and neither of them have oxidised paint and my coupe is 13yrs old!

Red VW polos and golfs oxidse badly from my observations, well on the basis of the number that are like that in my area. I see far fewer oxidised red rovers.

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
The comments on that forum are the sort of thing that drives me up the wall and the reason I stopped watching top gear etc. I can't believe how they can say MG/Rovers are cheap and tacky cars, have they seen the inside of or drove one?
The other night i was having a quick look at the MG-Rover official site and looking at the Rover 25 and thought what a nice car it was, leather interior wooden dash etc a touch of class about it.
When I have been in my mates cars such as a corsa, 206, clio, hec even a golf, I have thought how cheap and tacky they look and feel inside.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
andywhitehurst said:
When I have been in my mates cars such as a corsa, 206, clio, hec even a golf, I have thought how cheap and tacky they look and feel inside.
I had a ride in my sisters new car the other day - a Ford Fiesta.

Of course I had to say nice things about it, and it certainly seemed well screwed together, but... well, let's be nice here: it just isn't the sort of car I would buy.

It all felt very budgetary and cold. Mind you, the same can be said for my Vauxhall Zafira. Certainly nothing like the Rover's I've had or ridden in.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts