MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate's just got herself a Rover 100, but one or the wheel arches is shot just about, the rest are ok ish.
Just woundering if there are any plastic arches/trims avalable that would hide this mess and make the car MOTable.
The rusty bits would of course be treated to try and hold the rusting prosess up a bit.
Thanks in advance Tony

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
if its really bad the best bet would be a replacement arch welded in , or if its not bad clean up and fill , id post a couple of pictures up mate and then we can see how far its gone

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant put any pics up as I havent got the car, the arches look fine from the side, just look to have some light rust spots, its the underside thats the problem there is a hole about 3 inches long.
She got the car cheap and it needs to stay that way, looks like it will be the old filler route if we cant get some plastic bits

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
dont know if any metro`s 100`s ever got plastic arch extenders on did they ? this could hide it if they did but if its a hole is it structural ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked thoroug all the 100/metro pics in the gallery and cant see any with plastic arches, so it could just be in my head about em.
Dont think its structural, just the lip that you would roll up if you put big wheels on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts