MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says I'm selling me ickle metro, bought it as a run about save on mileage on my ZR but as I'm gonna t16 the zed it don't matter!!

ok a few details

1.0ltr A series engine
65k miles
G reg henley blue
recently serviced,new plugs, leads, cap, rotor arm, oil fiter, air filter and oil
taxed till end of nov, mot till march
brand spankin new back box (like only a few days old!)
few rust patches, none that can't be easily sorted

Looking for about £150 for it

PM me if your interested

cheers

Mush

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Come on peeps, it's a cracking little car, nice and clean... runs well, and needs a good home... it's a bargain at the price!

Right now it's just sitting there not being used which is a big shame, get a bargain today!

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Ahhh wow! a henly blue clubman :D We had one of those for a good couple 3 years, never missed a beat! Especially when we managed to get 85mph out of her in 4th!

Looks quite tidy!, thought about ebay? would make a great 1st car for someone :)

Regards

Stu C

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks a tidy little car!

I'm lookin for a first car at the moment but I aint got the money til end of month when I get my wage. Will you take some more photos of car for me please so can get a better idea? I'd come and have a look at it but you live miles away!

Mmmmm as it had the head gasket done ever? If so what mileage?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
as far as I know the head gasket hasn't been done... but hasn't needed it either, it's an A series engine and made of granite and supposedly almost impossible to blow up :lol:

·
Registered
mg_zr
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when me mate serviced it for me he replaced the head gasket, just to be safe, it didn't need it though! that was about 6 months ago did about 5k after he did it and is still going!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will vouch for the fact the the a series is impossible to blow up.
I too had a 998 metro and tried everything i could to kill the engine the night before i had a 1275 put in. I drove it at 33mph in first ( a shade over 7k rpm!) with the valves bouncing for over a minute, put it in first at 45mph many many times and it would just not die. This engine had well over 100k on it too.

Buy the car, brilliant first car and massive fun when your 17!

p.s free bump!

Gav.

·
Registered
mg_zr
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks gave for the bump, lol!!

Olli2004 you are quite welcome to come have a look at it whenever drop us a pm when you wanna come have a look

cheers

Mush

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.