MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 400 with only one key. Speaking to a lock smith he is not confident he can cut a new key from the worn one.
I have told to go into a Rover dealer to get a real key made from the chassis number BUT my local Colliers hasn't got the system to allow them to trace the number.
Does anyone know where I can find someone using the Rover system to trace the key number off the chassis number.
Help.........

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
For the price of a key isn't it just worth getting it cut anyway? If it works it works, if not it's no big deal.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
forehead said:
I have an old 400 with only one key. Speaking to a lock smith he is not confident he can cut a new key from the worn one.
I have told to go into a Rover dealer to get a real key made from the chassis number BUT my local Colliers hasn't got the system to allow them to trace the number.
Does anyone know where I can find someone using the Rover system to trace the key number off the chassis number.
Help.........
Try
http://www.75andztclub.com/dealer_uk.htm

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a big deal if I loose or break the key.

What are you supposed to do if you break/loose a key and cant get a spare made?

Has anyone been able to get a key code recently using Rover's software. All I need is a friendly dealer who can get me a code. I can get keys cut from this no probs.

I'm not asking for a freebie so if anyone can help I am more than willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
forehead said:
It is a big deal if I loose or break the key.

What are you supposed to do if you break/loose a key and cant get a spare made?

Has anyone been able to get a key code recently using Rover's software. All I need is a friendly dealer who can get me a code. I can get keys cut from this no probs.

I'm not asking for a freebie so if anyone can help I am more than willing to pay.
See invisable post above.:doh:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got all the security details for my current Rover 45 and a previous Rover 400, including Key no, locking wheelnuts, Key door opening alarm immobiliser sequence number radio code etc from a guy on e-bay, he goes by the name of "Bustercoke".
Try looking through the MG/Rover section on E-bay, I think he advertises as
Radio Code Missing. If I remember rightly it was about £3.00.
Also if he can't find your codes you get your money back :bgrin2:

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ashy said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :wtf: :daft:
I dont think so its a reasonable question.

If I've only got one key and no key code its a major issue if the key goes missing or breaks.

I think the idea dont bother if you cant get one is the stupid one.

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cjsale said:
I got all the security details for my current Rover 45 and a previous Rover 400, including Key no, locking wheelnuts, Key door opening alarm immobiliser sequence number radio code etc from a guy on e-bay, he goes by the name of "Bustercoke".
Try looking through the MG/Rover section on E-bay, I think he advertises as
Radio Code Missing. If I remember rightly it was about £3.00.
Also if he can't find your codes you get your money back :bgrin2:
Many thanks mate help much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts