MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo,

I currently own a 1998 Rover 400, & now its back from the coachworks Im getting all the black trim sprayed blue to match the car.

I mentioned how I would like to get the handles done too, and the guy said how they were plastic & paint would come off straight away.

This got me thinking, will the metal / chrome handles from the MG ZS edition fit onto my car & can they be sprayed blue (obviously not the chrome bit)

I think they probably will but just think it is best to find out, & also, are there any websites I can order 4 from, or do I just need to goto my local MG Rover shop and ask them to order me some.

Cheers,

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
as long as a good primer is used the handles can be sprayed should be no problem...almost all door handles these days are plastic.

but yes the ZS handles will fit as they are the same.

my advice...find another bodyshop!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, Ive been to this spray/body shop before and their good, its a student grant thats being spent so I got money to waste lol.

They told me I would have 4 years warrently on the paint work they have done (which to date is spot on) so if it flakes or comes off I just have to go back. Its handy knowing the guys in there, but I think Ill go for the chrome style. I think it will look nicer.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
just sounds like they cant be arsed to do it as it is a lot of work removing and dismantling the handles, etch primer will have no problems curing to the surface of the plastic.

looks is all down to personal opinion, chrome needs to tie in with more chrome in my opinion chrome doorhandles and nothing else would loo ka little strange to me.

andy

·
Registered
263 Posts
AndBurG said:
looks is all down to personal opinion, chrome needs to tie in with more chrome in my opinion chrome doorhandles and nothing else would loo ka little strange to me.

andy

...maybe could add a Rover 45 rear bumper that has the chrome strip to match...?

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
You will find most places cannot be arsed to paint door handles...as it involves removing door cards and locks usually...
So they charge loads for it, as it takes a long time.

If you take em off, or get a set from a scrappy and drop them off they will do them.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts