MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 M reg 220 Coupe Turbo in nightfire red

Right
The car has been kinda up for sale for a bit now while I looked for a new car but now I've purchases the Impreza, I really need to sell this one to keep the Mrs at bay.

Here's the spec..

Just had some major work done:

Completely reconditioned head
New cambelt
Alternator belt
Klinger head gasket fitted.

The above cost the previous owner, Roy, over £600. He used to be a big member of these forums but seldom visits nowadays. What actually happened was that I sold the car to him after fettling it into an excellent state and then he got the above work done. I then bought the car back. Roy would have had the car back off me a couple of weeks ago if the money was there but it didn't happen. Perfect example of the shape the car is in mechanically.

Also:

New clutch around 1200 miles ago
Pretty much brand new toyo proxes were put on the front
Water pump (as this was leaking)
Radiator recored 8 months ago
Fully reconditioned turbo
Injectors cleaned.

Mods:
Mk3 dash
Boost guage fitted on a pillar mount
k&n air filter
Gbe evo boost controller set to 12psi
Tie bar poly bushes
Clear side repeaters
Silver mesh in grill and front bumper

Its on 94k but as you can see its just had a new top end. Roy had done about 30 miles after this was done before I took it off his hands and I've done less than 1k since err, October I think!!!!!!

The paintwork is in pretty good condition, a few small spots and blemishes and one scratch along with a slightly bubbly spoiler but what coupe hasn't?

Right now, I'm just replacing the drovers door handle as this is broken (a common fault if you know the 200's). This is being srpayed as I write this!

If you are seriously interested in this excellent example, please get in touch. If you don't have the money right now or are just curious, please don't get in touch for the sake of it.

I'll be happy to answer any questions for you.

I'd like offers for the time being. PM me if you want to talk more.

Thanks for looking.

Matt

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im sorry to get your hopes up but I don't have the money but just want to say I can't believe this hasn't gone!! How much are you after for it?? I say this is as in a few months time im will be looking to buy a turbo coupe.

sam

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know either mate.....but nevermind...

the prices of these tubbys are very subjective depending on the condition etc etc and ppl aren;t sure if ure buying a minter or a shed....

fortunately, both myself and the previous owner know all there is to know about this one. The previous owner was so confident of the condition, he wants to buy it back himself but as is the way, currency is the factor.

If anyone wants to know anything, please get in touch. I'm after around 2k for it which I believe it's worth in this condition.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well im off work for a couple of weeks after the weekend so it's easy for womeone to come look at her........

BTTT

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Severly temped, been in my mates this weekend, blows my Vi into the wind in straight line, whats the gear box like?

mates 1st gear is shagged

how much bhp do you rekon it has?

any rust or bubbling in the arches yet?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the gearbox is ok going up all the gears and doesn't make any noises whatsoever....

There is an occasional lazy synchro changing down to 2nd but when I drive it now, it never happens - must have got used to stopping it happen.

If you're interested I can show you what i mean.

AFAIK, there's no rust round the arches - I can check again but it's hammering down outside!!!

I'm not claiming ridiculous BHP figures just cos of the slightly increased boost but it must at least be what is quoted as std power....I'm, sure a search on here would find out what that specifically is.

It does drive nicely and pulls well - my mate was well impressed when he drove it back from london when I picked up my impreza.

Got an earthing fault somewhere which is maiing the boot light come on but that's no biggie...just a case of finding the wire to blame.

If you want to come see it or ask any questions, PM me.

Cos it really should go, I'm open to sensible offers.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i must be serious...it's now on auto tyre kicker.....

Please, someone save me some time before the tyre kickers and test pilots start calling!!!!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
still for sale....come and get it.....£1800 anyone?

started her yesterday for the first time in a month and fired up straight away....went for a little ride and everything is spot on!

Quick wash and back to bed for the old girl...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts