MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Rover coupe suspension will fit on a 220GTi 3 door hatch. I recently lowered the car and hate it to bits, its just no fun to drive anymore. So I was thinking is the Rover Coupe uprated slightly over the standard suspension and did Rover ever make a model with slightly lowered suspension that would fit on my 220GTi 3 door hatch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the coupe suspesion will fit but you are better off with a set of p.i. lowering springs.by the way is your 220 a multi point injection

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ride quality is really bad and it feels like the car is being shaken to bits. I have a set of Motobuild lowering springs with standard shocks at the front and koni red at the back. Yes the car is a Multi point injection T series engine. I used to love driving my car but since lowering I hate the thought :-(. Do you know if the Coupe suspension setup is lower then a 220 hatch setup. Im done with lowering the car, drive quality is much more important than looks I have come to believe.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Motobadge springs and Pi have to be by far the two worst sets out there. There have been accusations in the past that motobuild ones have been OE ones heated and compressed which is not good if true.

It could be that the shocks have had it.

Yes I believe the Coupe is 15mm lower than the hatch. There are certainly different springs for the COupe than the hatch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why does the coupe have a different suspension setup? I'm going to buy a set in a minute so just for safety, I'm not going to have any trouble fitting the Coupe springs and shocks to my hatch am I?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts