MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yes the 52mm throttle body will fit.

Enclosed induction and decent performance exhaust are the places to start.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Doh! Saw the K part, but not the reg after it. took it as K series for some unexplainable reason. Although the missus was running on about something at the time.

Yeah, different engine altogether.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
to correct things fully your engine is a D16 not a B16 as ste said.

either D16A6 or a D16Z2 (i dont know the difference oher than the stamp on the block) but tuning parts are readily available from ebay.com

yes you can fit a bigger throttle body, cam. Best routre is to get a good filter, and exhaust, you can pick up an induction kit with an aluminium intae tube from ebay.com for £25 and a sports manifold for £100ish

andy

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
alot of the coupes had the d16z2, this was for automatics, but so many left over they just used them instead.

just drop in a twincam (d16a1/8/9) lump, easy to do and a good performance gain :) will cost only a couple hundred quid too

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Steve220 said:
for that much spent on a honda engine, you'll get over 200.
Steve
Or the VVC for £3k.

But for insurance costs, I'd just buy the tubby upfront if you want 200+bhp.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
brashy75 said:
ive just bought a rover 220 coupe im after some alloys whats the best to by
Ones that fit for a start! :lol: your after offsets: PCDx100 and an ET of around 38-45 (i think)

Its upto you Dude... You could get some chrome ones :sick2: or anything along those lines... ebay is going to be your best bet.

Or if you really wonna be diffrent you could have some white ones like someone :=p:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.