MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. OK my drivers side window is leaking and ive had a look there and the seal doesnt sit right with the window as it does on the passsenger side. It seems to sit up a bit allowing alot of wind noise when driving along and water in when its raining or while washing the car.

Ive taken some pictures of the passenger side and drivers side so you can see the difference in the way the seal sits over the window. Would the seal need replacing and if so does anyone have one?

Passenger side:

Drivers side:

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Pictures are a bit big ;)

Have you tried adjusting the window? Looks like it is coming up too far from the picture.

Adjusting it down is quite simple usually by releasing the bolts holding the frme in and dropping it a little.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
649 Posts
Probably just needs adjusting as Stu said. Basically you need to take the door card off, then slacken the 7 bolts securing the window mechanism (two at the bottom of the door) to the top of the door and pull it up/down slightly, then tighten the bolts back up, check it's ok and then put the door card back on.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you look at the second picture and run your eye over the seal at the top you will notice it starts to curve outwards at the top and then runs back in perfectly. If I lower the window that will just make the problem worse.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think I see what you mean. Is the glass sitting against the inner rubber correctly? If it is then I wouldn't worry about the outer rubber so much as I'm not sure the outer rubber is designed to be water tight. The inner rubber seems to do all the sealing on my Coupe.

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
I just fixed the exact problem on my 400 by doing as above - loosen, get in place, tighten. If you're worried take the door card off before you lower. No matter what you'll have to do it.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill have a look to see if the inner seal is sitting right but that outter seal definatly isnt sitting right. Ive circled the area in question and reattached the photo so you can see the area im talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
you dont drop the whole thing, just loosen the nuts and push down slightly on the rear of it, should line it up straight, that don't need much to sort that out for straightening up, just looks like its dropped slightly over time at the front of it a bit and pushed the back end up.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill be sure to have a closer look at it tomorrow and report back when I get a decent look at it. Im now currently bidding on some door seals on eBay just incase. This is now top of the list as my coolant loss problem now seems to be sorted. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts