MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sell the Rover BRM to me.

Currently have an MG ZS 120, but i shall be working in london from august so will only need a weekend car and have considered the Rover BRM. Anyone with links or details or facts just talk away :) Also any alternatives :)

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
well its got a red leather interior, a LSD diff, more power, nicer wheels and its a special edition which if kept well isn't really losing value anymore

for a weekend car its just doesn't do it for me, I'd spend the money on a mk1 MR2 SC(supercharged limted edition)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
AndBurG said:
well its got a red leather interior, a LSD diff, more power, nicer wheels and its a special edition which if kept well isn't really losing value anymore

for a weekend car its just doesn't do it for me, I'd spend the money on a mk1 MR2 SC(supercharged limted edition)
and did I mention the orange snout? :dunno:

:drool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AndBurG said:

Are they available for 3K?

Bare in mind im 20 with 2 years no claim bonus, happy to pay up to a Grand Insurance (Currently FC £900 for the 52 Plate MG ZS 120).

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Goatyman said:
Are they available for 3K?

Bare in mind im 20 with 2 years no claim bonus, happy to pay up to a Grand Insurance (Currently FC £900 for the 52 Plate MG ZS 120).
easily.

you can get a V clean one for that much. :s2h:

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Some of the later BRM's had silver air intakes due to low demand (how on earth could the orange one put people off) but it was expensive at the time. (up to £17-£18k at one point)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
only what garage idiots had sprayed, ruining the brm :guns3: :devil: :devil: :bandit: :emps: :guns4: :guns4: :happy: :bazza: :iwstupid: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :stir: :stir: :stir: :dunno: :dunno: :beer: :ziplip:

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
are you having an RJ moment? :lol:

at the same time the price of the BRM was reduced to £16,000 then to around £14,000 to shift stock - not that there were thousands to clear!:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would you all shoot me if i put the 17" Straights and an MG ZS Spoiler on the Rover BRM?

I'd keep the originals of course

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Goatyman said:
Would you all shoot me if i put the 17" Straights and an MG ZS Spoiler on the Rover BRM?

I'd keep the originals of course
I wouldn't go as far as shooting you, but I would certain want to see you fit the ZS spoiler on the BRM. ;)
Which spoiler do you have in mind? Saloon one or the hatchback one?

Personally, I would keep the BRM spoiler free. The change of wheels are cool but keep the original for resell.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
wouldn't this just look plain silly? BRM's are rare enough as it is - rover realised this but couldnt be bothered to send a plaque out with each car :cus:

Why don't you get a ZS for that? {spoiler}

wheels are ok ish though, just nothing new.

Mainly up to yourself of course:)

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
sorry I must be going off the boil sight-wise!

ZR spoiler would look ok but the original is better. As the BRM is rare and was built to commemorate the racing cars of the same name, it should really be kept the same IMO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I totally agree i think its a lovely car, and i want just a weekend car and would like to stick to the Marque. I wouldn't do horrific modifications such as lexus lights and big chrome wheels, i just find the 200 bubble shape a bit boring from the back.

Now to just sort sale and purchase! :)

I would say my MG is worth around 4k, would i be able to take my car to a dealer with a BRM up for sale for 3k, and in essence, ask for money?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mario1979 said:
no chance.

Thats funny spoke to my cousin who's a spanner monkey for a garage partnered with a dealership and he said they may well do but just not for good money.

Thanks for your 'contribution' though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts