MG-Rover.org Forums banner
541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Mini update, no pictures I'm afraid.

After blowing up two Stack electronic oil pressure gauges we decided to switch to a Stack mechanical gauge.

I must say it's a lot better than the electronic version, gives a much clearer reading of what's happening. Also very easy to fit and route the tubing through the bulkhead so the gauge sits exactly where the electronic one sat :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
WOW, Adam what a fantastic thread took me an Hour to read absolute class.

what is project B ? have you started it, if so can you post a link or give an update if its anything like this its well worth waiting for.

Also a Big credit to the BRM community for a fantastic 540 posts without any spam or arguments not a cross word in sight, twas a pleasure to read, congratulations. The rest of the forum should take notice me thinks a well informed alll questions answered
thread, well done Adam.

Look forward to next project.

Regards
John.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
Not updated this in ages.....

The car has been running fantastically for a couple of years now, numberous track days done and it's been great fun.

Main reason for the thread resurrection was to pop a couple of photos of the replced front splitter up. It was damaged loading onto the trailer...

So all had to come off and a new piece put in, in pieces...

Here it is all bolted back up now...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not updated this in ages.....

The car has been running fantastically for a couple of years now, numberous track days done and it's been great fun.

Main reason for the thread resurrection was to pop a couple of photos of the replced front splitter up. It was damaged loading onto the trailer...

So all had to come off and a new piece put in, in pieces...

Here it is all bolted back up now...

Does that splitter make a lot of difference to how it handles then?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
this car is awesome.

what an amazing build, just read this from start to finish. bet you are so pleased with the results!!
Thank you for taking the time to read it all, always appreciated to hear that!

The car is wonderful, a really fun drive and has been a great learning curve. The engine is alright, more can be had from the setup we have in it and come the next refresh (probably next year) we'll get it remapped again as the map is pretty tame. Cornering is fantastic, in the wet she's a bit of a handful but in the dry on slicks it's astounding.

541 - 560 of 585 Posts