MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Both the remote keyfobs for my Rover 75 have stopped working. The red lights still operate when pressed but the doors don't open. Can anyone advise on this? Is it a common fault and is it going to cost me loads to resolve it? I find it a bit strange that they both stopped working at the same time.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
does the alarm LED still flash. This is NOT a common problem. I have only seen it twice and on both occasions the alarm itself had broken/fuse had blown and hence the LED did not work and the alarm did not work either. The only other thing I can think off is interference that is stopping the fobs also very rare.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not 100% sure if this helps but I had exactly the same symptoms when visiting a customer in Buxton - they have a mobile mast on the factory roof and they warn visitors that the range on alarm remotes is drastically reduced in a certain 'hot spot' in the car park - could the EMF from the substation be enough to interrupt the signal from the remote?

Stating the obvious I know (sorry!) but guess the only way to be sure is to open the car the old-fashioned way and move it and see if the problem is sorted

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts