MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again having just written a rather long thread about dealership problems. my car has two other persistant problems which seems to be beyond the dealers range of ability in resolving. There is wind noise from the drivers window at speeds above thirty, it's sounds like the window is open. The door seals don't look damaged and the door shuts ok.Secondly there is a rattle from the clock area of the dash which is more noticable in low gear, if you apply pressure to this area it stops!!So is it possible to remove the dash and sort this myself ( the dealer doesn't see anything wrong with what he calls a slight vibration but it drives me crazy and surely you should expect better from a car costing so much ) Does anyone have any ideas about the wind noise which again the above parenthesis applies.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
dont have a 75 myself, but my window was givin me grief above say 40, ( wind blowin noise ) mine was not open but its slightly outa allighned, so I had to open the door put hand on both sides & push the glass towards back of the car, the window moved & stopped the blowin noise, but yeh the regulators gone so thats a job *blows* TBH I hope this isnt your problem as its bloody hard get hold of a regulator , non down scrappy, ebay prices only BIN at 70 pounds for a pair, so I m not wanting them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
mike med said:
There is wind noise from the drivers window at speeds above thirty, it's sounds like the window is open. The door seals don't look damaged and the door shuts ok.QUOTE]

Whoa!, I thought I was going mad, a couple of weeks back I started to notice this noise (as though the window is slightly open) seemed more prominenet when it was wet on the road, I'm ringing the dealers this morning to ask them what they can do, will let you know!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
So, ZT went to the doctors today regarding his drivers door window noise, Dr Dealer gave him a test drive and concluded that the wind noise was coming from................ The Tyres!!! Yep you read it correctly, after a full explanation of tyre noise and why (having three different makes!!) I took poor ZT home and decided to convince myself it was all in my head or replace two good tyres to make a set of the same make.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have noise in my 02 75T comming from:

1) Drivers window, I find pulling the up button on the window causes it move up a couple of mm and cures it, till is slides down again a few days later. It doesnt look open, but closing it cures the noise.

2) The vents rattle ( whichare near the clock). I find putting my hand on them shuts them up. Not a solution so thinking of sticking some clear grease down there to fill teh gaps and act as a damper - no idea what grease to use as they are plastic. I have thought about silcin grease, but the stuff I say was white and I want it to be clear

Hope it helps

cheers

ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts