MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lapse of concentration yesterday whilst driving my 75 CDT (2001) (truth be told i was trying to change a CD). Anyway to cut a long story short i crashed into the apex of a 10" kerb!! In turn taking out my front tyre (a hole you could put your fist into) and destroying my 15" alloy (rear is also damaged but not as bad). On the bright side no one damaged and car still intact.

Question is (with 2 tyre’s out and only 1 spare) would a 5 stud spare wheel (not alloy) from my wife's passat (2001)fit the rover 75 ?? My car is abandoned outside my work at present (which is 40 miles from home!!).

Both cars have 15” wheels.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Had a lapse of concentration yesterday whilst driving my 75 CDT (2001) (truth be told i was trying to change a CD). Anyway to cut a long story short i crashed into the apex of a 10" kerb!! In turn taking out my front tyre (a hole you could put your fist into) and destroying my 15" alloy (rear is also damaged but not as bad). On the bright side no one damaged and car still intact.

Question is (with 2 tyre’s out and only 1 spare) would a 5 stud spare wheel (not alloy) from my wife's passat (2001)fit the rover 75 ?? My car is abandoned outside my work at present (which is 40 miles from home!!).

Both cars have 15” wheels.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will answer pretty soon,
but i think your in luck i think 5 Stud VW's and the 75 are the same stud spacing, not sure about the offset, i think one is 35 and the other 38,, but again someone with more experience will be along soon enough.

·
Registered
mg_zt_260
119 Posts
Different cars have different stud patterns. It may also have 5 studs, but the spacing of the studs can be different.

The offset of the wheels also changes from car to car. This is how far the outside of the wheel sits from the hub.

There is a slim chance the VW spare might fit, but it's more likely it won't. You'd be better off to get a mobile tyre fitter out. It's not always more expensive than taking your car in somewhere.

Chris

·
Registered
mg_zt_260
119 Posts
OK, have looked it up...

http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

an MG ZT has a PCD of 5x100, and an offset of 38-45mm
a Passat has a PCD of 5x112, and an offset of 35-42mm.

It can be acceptable to allow up 10mm deveation from offset, especially for a get me home solution like this, but the wheel simply wil not fit with the different stud pattern.

Sorry...

Mobile tyre fitter it is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How come the original poster isnt showing as a registered user? Does that mean he has been banned or deleted? If so can someone spill the beans as i'm intrigued :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts