MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a boot liner for my '03 Rover 75 Tourer. I have looked at several types on the web. There's the genuine Rover one, Cannon do one and some were being sold on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10414&item=4539843444

What I'm after is one with a good lip around the back and sides. I think the Rover one has this but can't tell about the others.

My Citroen estate has a rigid liner with 10" walls which would be ideal, but the company who makes it (Carbox) as far as I can see doesn't do a model for the Rover.

Anyone used any of the above and got any comments they would like to share before I make a purchase. Any Alternative suggestions also most welcome.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I used to have the official Rover bootliner in my first R75, it was very good quality with approx 6 inch sides and a rubberised textured base to stop things slipping about.

·
Registered
rover_75
62 Posts
Rover 75 Tourer boot liner

Have Rover one in our 2001 Tourer
it has as DLN mentioned a 4-5 inch
lip round edges and approx one inch lip at rear.
It comes with an anti-slip mat whch saves stuff
careering round bootspace.It is semi-rigid durable
plastic - ours has survived 4 years of of a large
dog !

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Before Administration MG Rover were about to launch a complete new range of Rover accessories on May 2nd which included several new style Boot Liners for the 75 range.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
*DLN* said:
Before Administration MG Rover were about to launch a complete new range of Rover accessories on May 2nd which included several new style Boot Liners for the 75 range.
Yep they were, and I have a copy of the new 75 Accessories brochure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went for the official Rover Liner in the end. Got it a week last Friday, came with a non slip mat to stop the dog sliding around in the back of the car. I don't know what the four round holes and rubber bungs are for though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, that's what there for. I use the roll up mesh guard in the boot cover. My dog was never in the habit of climbing over into the seating area. In my other car he couldn't squeeze through small gap left my the rear headrests. He does drool a lot and that's not much fun cleaning up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts