MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.
I have a problem with the sunroof on my Rover 75.
I went out on Saturday, lovely day had the sunroof open fully.
When i got back home tried to close the sunroof and it would not close.
Tried to close with the manual overide but will not budge. Any ideas what has caused this problem and what is the fix?

·
Registered
219 Posts
By manual overide i am assuming you mean using an allen key to manually wind the motor back?....If it wont wind back via the allen key then i would say the motor had seized up/burnt out...replacement is the only option....try roverbreakers,northwich......i got a replacement off them last year.Youve checked the fuse?........Have you tried holding the switch in the pressed forward position for approx 15-20 seconds....this automatically resets the position of the sunroof via the BCU,so it knows where the sunroof panel comes to a stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By manual overide i am assuming you mean using an allen key to manually wind the motor back?....If it wont wind back via the allen key then i would say the motor had seized up/burnt out...replacement is the only option....try roverbreakers,northwich......i got a replacement off them last year.Youve checked the fuse?........Have you tried holding the switch in the pressed forward position for approx 15-20 seconds....this automatically resets the position of the sunroof via the BCU,so it knows where the sunroof panel comes to a stop.
Thanks for a quick reply. Yes i did use a allen key. I can move it about two inch then it stops. The motor for the sunroof i have taken out and when used with the switch on it rotates as normal in both directions so i know it is not burnt out and the fuse is still ok, i think some debris has got intn the mechanics of the sliders somehow. I tried the fifteen second reset but this has not helped to free it. I dont know what else to do.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If the sunroof panel only moves a couple of inches via the allen key whilst the motor is fitted to the car,but when the motor is removed and it works perfectly then it does sound like there is something obstructing the actual mechanism in the aperture.If you cannot see anything obvious then it looks like its headlining out job and a closer inspection of the sunroof assembly.......the headlining removal isnt to bad a job......time consuming and fiddly,Disconnect the battery,basically remove all the sunvisors,grab handles,interior lights back n front,the pillar covers,obviously taking care when working around any airbags.The headlining then unclips,you then have to recline both front seats fully and remove it via the rear doors.Someone may come along shortly whos had your problem and know the solution.....Good luck mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts