MG-Rover.org Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
ok thats most helpful, cant see any on ebay, the switch for the reverse light that is, did all mg zr 1.4's come with central locking? just i have recieved a key fob with the car which when the lock key is pressed turns the interior light off and flashes the indicator lights,
Options that aren't fitted to your car. Heated this and that etc etc

· Registered
36 Posts
What happens f yoy have checked switch and fuse and lamps and there ok?

Hi People
I have a 2001/51 MG ZT-T +190 of which i have just purchased and have this fault. No reversing lights or parking sensors working.
I have checked the lamps, fuse and switch.

Ive phisically removed the switch and tested i statically and it reads fine when activated. Ive cheaned it out anyway.
If i select reverse with the switch out and try and screw the switch in i cant feel any resistance against the switch. Im presuming if all was ok something would be pushing against the switch activating it.

Does this mean i have a gearbox fault? Im presuming so.
Is it a major job to get done.

Bit gutted really

Thanks
David

· Registered
12 Posts
reversing lights

My mum owns a MGF, it has been sitting in the garge and off the road for nearly two year i got it out fixed the alternator which was a pain in the ass and reversing light now will not come on when i stick it in reverse where is the switch or the MGF.

· Registered
mg_zt
50 Posts
Reverse switch fixed

Hello All,

MOT booked for tomorrow morning, only obvious thing I could see wrong was reverse light not working. Various opinions online as to whether it is tested or not, but decided to fix it anyway.

Manual, says to remove half the underside of car, decided to look anyway, removed wheel and it is accessible, as stated in earlier post.

Removed switch cleaned with Maplins switch cleaner/lubricator.

Now works as new.

Highly recommend giving this a go if having problems with reverse lights. Very easy.

Chris.

· Registered
rover_75
29 Posts
Various opinions online as to whether it is tested or not, but decided to fix it anyway.
Can't comment on UK MOT, but in Slovakia they DO check this while checking all the other lights on the car (it's called STK here - short for station of technical inspection). In my case, the switch failed just 1-2 weeks after I passed back in 2008 ;)

· Registered
7 Posts
Can you confirm where the reverse switch is

Hi all ..
Okay i have a R75 (02) CDT with no reversing lights - Ive checked the fuse (23) and tested the curcuit to the bulbs (dead) so it points to the switch.. (but where is it.. ??? ) may try and give it a clean first - I have just bought the car an noticed no lights (did check all the other lights NOT THESE.. DOH!) I have been informed by the previous owner that its just had a clutch replacement (and the normal oooh never noticed ) so could they have just forgot to reconnect it?..
So... firstly where is it.. on my model
secondly - is this a common fault?
cheers!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.