MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Does anyone know whats in the OEM parking sensor kit ? or maybe have a picture of the items that should be included ?.

Thanx
MGR Boy

G

·
Don't bother. I got one of ebay that sticks on the back of the bumper. works brilliantly. The buzzer is in the car in the OEM spot

·
Registered
123 Posts
e668ecp said:
Don't bother. I got one of ebay that sticks on the back of the bumper. works brilliantly. The buzzer is in the car in the OEM spot
Any info on the one you bought? I'm looking to fit this mod soon and am interested in any recommendations, seen a number of different types on ebay from £25 upwards.

Simon

G

·
SimonB said:
Any info on the one you bought? I'm looking to fit this mod soon and am interested in any recommendations, seen a number of different types on ebay from £25 upwards.

Simon
I'l dig out the details. Its a bumper off job, stick the anntena to the bumper put back on, link to rear light switch, locate buzzer and link up. brilliant

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Wot no warts on the bumper? Excellent!

e668ecp said:
I'l dig out the details. Its a bumper off job, stick the anntena to the bumper put back on, link to rear light switch, locate buzzer and link up. brilliant
Sounds just what I need too! :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Here is a little 'how to' on how I have fitted the 'magnetic strip' reversing sensor ...

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=1200169&postcount=48

Something I have noticed of late (and is a bit annoying) if you have anything slip sliding around in the boot when you engage reverse the buzzer goes crazy warning you of impending collisions .... remember the EMF goes inwards as well as outwards and movement in the boot will trigger it as much as inching towards that neighboour's fence-post will ... :(

In fact I am thinking of trying to shield the 'inward looking field' somehow ...

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeM
Thanx for that list and fitting instructions and as you said i will have to sort through the bits i actually have and the bits i now need.

MGR Boy

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
jamescj said:
Something I have noticed of late (and is a bit annoying) ig you have anything slip sliding around in the boot when you engage reverse the buzzer goes crazy warning you of impending collisions ....
Advise letting the kids in the back seat then cj. OK they didn't take their shoes off once but..................;)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
MikeM said:
Advise letting the kids in the back seat then cj. OK they didn't take their shoes off once but..................;)
No, when the kids are in the boot I velcro them to the carpets ... its velcroing my 5 cats in place that is the problem!! :=p:

·
Registered
rover_75
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeM

Am i to assume that you would not have got the drill bit for the holes with the OEM kit ?.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
MGR Boy said:
MikeM

Am i to assume that you would not have got the drill bit for the holes with the OEM kit ?.
Correct no drill bit supplied but as the holes are markled out on the inside of the bumper you'll have no problem getting the right sized bit.

hth

Mike :)

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
When I have time I'll send you the full instructions but as they are 11 pages long it won't be straightaway.

If you haven't heard within 14 days give me a nudge;)

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts