MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have just had a diagnostic check due to misfiring but my local garage could not find the problem, they have put new plugs in but it is still the same.Has anybody any idea what the cause could be. Iwas charged £110.00. for the job,is this the norm.

Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doesn't sound too outrageous. Plugs are a major league PITA (did them myself two weeks ago) because of the amount of stuff you have to take off to get at the rear bank. Got to be minimum 1 hour labour, more like 1.5-2, and the plugs themselves will be best part of £30

Odd that a misfire wouldn't show up on the diagnostic. Checked the rest of the ignition system?

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you don't have the sound proofing (ZT, extra room) and you have a small socket set (1/4 drive) and a spark plug remover, this is a DIY job.
Save the money from your next change of sparks and get some tools to do it yourself.
I bought a comprehensive toolkit and some oddments from Halfrads for less than £100.

Platinum spark plugs were £50 for 6 though...and that was with a neighbours help through a trade account!

Mine had done 45k miles and actually didn't seem that bad, but they're done now.

Satisfaction is worth the pain in the hand!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts