MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I watched the film today and how pleasant was it to see a Rover 75 in it. It was in the latter part of the film.
It was a Copperleaf 75, only the rear was shown, probably a Mk1. So there goes another reason to watch the film.

There was also a Landie Defender, and an old Jaguar as it was in written in the book.
Spotted a Lancia as well. I am appalled with the abino monk's choice of transportation though. Really disappointed. :eek:uch:

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Liam Olf said:
He doesn't drive a CityRover does he? :err:
He may like chatise himself, but he didn't pick the CityRover. :p
Hint: it is French.

SkyblueMG said:
if it was a BmW it was probably appropriate chocie of transport for a psycho
It was certainly the choice of transport for the Metropolitian police in the film (5 series, along with Astra and Vectra).

·
Registered
294 Posts
andy said:
He may like chatise himself, but he didn't pick the CityRover. :p
Hint: it is French.

It was certainly the choice of transport for the Metropolitian police in the film (5 series, along with Astra and Vectra).
I KNOW, I KNOW!! Shall I spoil it!

It's a Vel Satis!

That hacked me off that all the UK police were driving BMWs, VXs and Volvos - but then that's typical of today's forces!!

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
Go

simongittus said:
That hacked me off that all the UK police were driving BMWs, VXs and Volvos - but then that's typical of today's forces!!
Yes, I remember talking to a policeman once who strongly disliked Rovers, guees what?.... He'd never driven one :lol:

I guees the talk about HGF has polluted peoples minds but HGF really isn't that bad, unless the engine overheats then there is chance of cylinder head cracks.

But the police usually only buy Diesels and the L-series is virtually invinsable :)
________
Avandia lawyer

·
Registered
984 Posts
simongittus said:

It's a Vel Satis!

Mmmm Silas rented an Audi in the book, ah well, at least they've kept the Smart (no haven't seen the movie yet) - since Audi's are common the States, they probably wanted to show the Americans what your average European drives, hence the Vel Satis and Smart etc etc, did they show mopeds and 2CVs as well? :D

But really, a Vel Satis, perfect choice of car for an albino monk wearing a robe wanting to blend in inconspicuously.

·
Registered
984 Posts
As far as the book goes I think the writing isn't anything special. Not worth the hoo-hah. Good entertainment sure, but I'll leave it at that. Don't expect the movie to be that good. Tom Hanks isn't right for the character and neither is Audrey Tautou.

Hang on, I thought I was on imdb.com :D

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
234 Posts
Any one else spot the black? MGF when they get out out the limo in London. It was parked next to a motorbike?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes... there was a glimpse of the F outside the Temple Church... but really that's not a big deal, and I doubt if they put the car in deliberately. I'm sure MGFs arent exactly a rare sight in London if Getaway and Getaway2 are anything to go by.

Mind you, when they blew up some old Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores driven by the villains in M:I 2 (filmed in Sydney), everyone went gaga over it...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
702 Posts
I thought the film was ok, but too long at 2 hours and 29 minutes. Nice to see the Rover! :D Audrey Tautou was pleasing to the eye as well. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts