Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year? I asked for help & advice. I would appreciate help from ASK THE GURUS.

I would welcome help from all you experts out there. I have a 75 2 litre V6 Auto Conn. I bought the car in July 2004 and have been in dispute with the garage ever since. The garage repaired the noisy tappets by replacing the oil seal ring on the oil pick up pipe. Soon after this repair my 75 developed a rattling vibrating noise soon after I started it & especially when the car was cold. Having taken advice I held the garage responsible. I suggested that they would have had to disturb the exhaust down pipe when replacing the oil seal ring and by doing that they had damaged the flexi pipe. They told me the noise was coming from the down pipe but exhaust items were not covered by the years warranty that came with the 75. They denied being at fault.
An inspector heard the noise on 2/2/06 . 14 weeks later I received the report. The Inspector said (1)categorically that the garage would not have had to disturb the front/down pipe but he did agree that the noise was coming from the down pipe. (2)He then said that the noise was a characteristic of the 75 and thus the garage could not be held responsible and (3) He said that the noise may be an annoyance to me but it was not detrimental to the car.
Obviously I think he is totally wrong in both 1 & 2. As to 3 , I do not see why I should have to just put up with it especially as the 75 is classed as a luxury car. Please may I obtain answers to 1. 2 & 3 and would also welcome any other useful advice how I should proceed now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.