MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Connecting a new stereo:

Hello!

Still working on my rover 75, I'm in the process of replacing the old stereo for a new android one.
I expectec a bmw e46 plug, or something alike, but, there are 5 connectors, two of them are iso, another 2 are one green, and the other blue, they are attached one eachother, and both are three rows female pins. The last is a black one, singled row of 6 female pins. (I upload pictures).

The stereo is very similar to the navall unit I saw somewhere in the internet, and I would like to connect a CD changer that is in the trunk, but, I don´t know wich connector I must use, neither the name of each one, to research it.

Could anybody help?
IMG_20210329_182157_1.jpg
IMG_20210329_182202_1.jpg
IMG_20210329_182157_1.jpg IMG_20210329_182202_1.jpg

·
Registered
rover_600
161 Posts
Hello!

Still working on my rover 75, I'm in the process of replacing the old stereo for a new android one.
I expectec a bmw e46 plug, or something alike, but, there are 5 connectors, two of them are iso, another 2 are one green, and the other blue, they are attached one eachother, and both are three rows female pins. The last is a black one, singled row of 6 female pins. (I upload pictures).

The stereo is very similar to the navall unit I saw somewhere in the internet, and I would like to connect a CD changer that is in the trunk, but, I don´t know wich connector I must use, neither the name of each one, to research it.

Could anybody help?
View attachment 136510 View attachment 136511
Dig deep down in the cubby slightly toward the right and you will find a black and a brown audio plug which will with the correct adaptor for your android will let you plug and play.
Honest they are down there deliberately hidden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
rover_600
161 Posts
You might need to remove the AC control panel to get to them but they are in there.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,874 Posts
Hello!

Could anybody help?
View attachment 136510 View attachment 136511
On your picture you have antenna plug (black coaxial connector), white (or light grey) is ISO A power connector for radio, yellow (or light brown-ish) is ISO B speaker radio connector - you will not find any black and brown connectors as they are already on the picture but light grey and yellow in colour.

Further above you have ISO C connector, or at least 2 thirds of ISO C connector. ISO C connector is actually three connectors put together, but one or two of them might be missing. You are missing Yellow part of ISO C connector. Green part of ISO C connector is for radio remote controls, while Blue part of ISO C connector have connection of CD Changer.
At this moment, by hart, I cannot remember what is black, one row connector as it is not ISO standard, it is propriatery Rover 75 connector so would need to look into diagrams what that one is for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So gratefuled to both!!!

The truth is that the stereo is working from a couple days ago, but I needed to buy an adapter.
The controls on the steering wheel and the cd charger are still inoperative, so, I was researching (of course!).

I upload an schema of the pinout in the backside of the stereo, and the adapter I'm using.

I think the steering wheel controls issue can easily be solved connecting a wire labeled 'IR' -wich come from the canbus decoder module of the stereo- to the pin 7 of the bmw 17 pin format connector in the adapter.

For the cd charger, I still need more information...

Thanks!!!
Adaptador.jpg
IMG_20210402_171028_1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clutch system replacement:
Hello again!

Continuing with the repairs / upgrades on my Rover 75, I have changed the clutch system (disc, master cylinder and slave cylinder).
Although the gearshift works much better than before, it still does not seem good enough to me:
When changing gears, they find it difficult to engage, as if the clutch were not fully depressed, and, with the car running, and without pressing the pedal, if I put some force on the lever, slowly, I can release the gear.
I am thinking of changing, again, the gearbox oil, (I have put Mannol MTF-4, but I am thinking of emptying it and refilling it with Granville MTF-94) in case the one I put was not the right one.

I would appreciate opinions ... 1.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Mannol.jpg Granville.png

I post pictures of the oil cans, so that you can see the technical specifications of each one:

·
Registered
rover_600
161 Posts
from memory the manual box is not fussy what oil it has in it. The slipping out of gear sounds like a worn selector fork. Or you are just at the correct revs that it is slipping out. Used to drive 11.5 tonnes of truck and once you had it moving you never used the clutch you just raved the engine to slip it in and out of gear. No synchro in that box.
The 75s auto box is very fussy about what fluid is in it if you don’t use Jatco you will be scraping the car within a couple of thousand miles.
Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts