MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help. I have a Rover 75 which shows engine fault warning indication. The garage say they have changed the cat twice, changed the lamda sensor twice, but still the fault reappears about two days later. This last visit to the garage the indication is out but I am sure they have disconnected the indication as this indication does not come on briefly during start up. Also the message "check engine" appears for a few seconds during start up.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Now I could be totally wrong on this but I remember someone else having a Cat problem which I think turned out to be one of the TWO sensors for the emissions.

You could try searching on this forum for Exhaust or Cat problems

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Depends which engine is fitted, V6 models have 3 sensors, 2 in the front pipes & 1 after the cat. Was it a genuine cat or a pattern one? The cheap ones last for 1 MOT if you are lucky (trust me, we get a lot of cars refered from Quick Fit ETC to confirm a new cat is useless) What is the fault code displayed on the garages code reader?

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
i had my fromt pipe changed on the zt 190, 2nd cat made it work i changed all sensors too

i think there are a few ermm.......poo copies out there to put it politly

to see if they have tampered with your check engine light you can preform a test on the dash to illuminate the led (they cant be removed easily) let me know if you need help with that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts