MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have a Rover 75 2000 CDT diesel. It would not start so I had it towed to the garage. First of all they said the secondary fuel pump needed replaced. They did so and it would still not start. Then they said they needed to replace main pumps (pumps?). Then they rang me before replacing them to say the ECU was flooded.

I have read the various threads about the plenum drains blocking and I had just had the car washed a couple of hours befor the problem.

My questions are - can a flooded ECU damage the fuel pump/s?
Should the flooded ECU not have shown up at the start of diagnostics?
If the car fires up with a dried out ECU am I liable to have problems with it in the future or would it be best to replace it now.

Best regards,

Ed. Morgan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Back in December 2004 I had a flooded ECU and was quoted silly money to have it replaced.
What eventually happened was that a local small independent garage took it off and dried it overnight. It was refitted and worked with no problems up to the time I parted with it and bought a ZT (I would have loved to have run both!) in Sept 2005.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, the car is going fine now after the ECU was replaced. After 10 minutes of negotiating I didn't have to pay for the new pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts