MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys just wondering if any of you knows steering on my rover 75 1.8 petrol has gone a bit hard not easy to turn with one hand, and in 200klm I lose like 1lt of engine water mechanics here where am from are useless they not familiar with this tape of car do I need to change the steering fluid or is it something wrong with the steering pump 2 about the water lose could it be the head gasket has gone I been driving in this condition for the last 10.000 with this problems I thanks for your time

·
Registered
5,195 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where the steering pump is located I fixed the coolant leaking it was a broken pipe done a bleed out and now it’s ok no over heating and no more leaks just the steering wheel now, I can see leaking fluid from one of the pipes I cleaned up it’s gone back to where it was before all covered in dirt level is like half do I need to bleed that clean it up and tight up the whose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Good news on the cooling system. The PAS pump is driven by a belt, look at the pulleys driven by the belts and you'll find it. If the system is leaking you'll need to fix the leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts