MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water is everywhere in the footwells, seems to be worst at the back. Collects under the heater vent on both sides. Checked underneath, boot, bonnet, roof (no sun roof) gutters, cant find where its coming from any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
plenums

My plenums are draining straight through to the road, would this affect the rear mostly as thats where the problem appears to be. Once the floor well fills up then it moves to the front. The quarter lights seem ok at the rear. seems very wet at the seat belt anchor point on the base of the door pillar.
Leaks if the car is standing or road going. Wet at the moment having drained it on Friday, hardly any rain. Used aircon dont suppose that would make that much water though.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Dry the car as much as possible. Detrim as much as you feel comfortable with (more the better) and get the hosepipe (watering can if you are in a ban area) and a glamorous asssistant. Gradually work your way up the suspect areas from the bottom upwards. Get the car on level ground whilst your doing it.....water runs at the slightest of angles and can be very misleading when tracing leaks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the detrimming I am cagey about, everything seems to break when you try and get it off. I like the glamourous assistant bit though. I got all the doors open at the moment trying to dry the carpets, sucked out all the water with a vac, nearly half full of water. Hope it doesnt rain again tonite.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
You say it is worst at the back? Is the car parked at an angle normally? Asi say the rear footwells may be a red herring (cue fish joke?).

You say the drains drain water onto the floor? Is that also true of what i call the centre drain (beneath the plenum cover)? Check the tech section of www.75andztclub.com for more details on all the plenum drains.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the one for upper plenum and lower plenum, cant see the centre plenum PDF though. The drive is on a slope and Ive tried parking the other way round but it still fills up the rear footwell underneath the heater vents on the floor of both sides first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked for damp around the rear window and inside the boot and both are clean and dry. I dont have a sun roof. Just incase I taped up the gutters on Wed and it still was wet by Friday. Took the trim off the door kicks along the bottom and stuck a pointy thing in the holes down to the sills and they were dry. I never noticed the problem untill a couple of weeks ago I found that the auto seat belt adjuster connected to the front seats wasnt working. It was dry then. I found the cable had come out of the door pillar and so I took the trim off and re fitted it. The trim seems to have gone back OK but it was after this that when I rechecked the adjuster from under the passenger seat that I noticed that I had a built in swimming pool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
water

Thanks everyone that suggested the plumens, the centre or lower plumen was blocked by some debris from the fitting of the electronics box where someone had fitted it incorrectly and brocken a piece off which went down the pipe and stopped everything else. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Like i say, water will run wherever it can! The place you find the water is not necessarily the ingress point.

Glad you got it all sorted now anyway! Did you find it yourself in the end?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes thanks, I had it booked in to an ex Rover agent for Wed but decided to investigate the plumens further. Looks as though the well filled up then came through the heating to the back. I have seen somewhere a thread that relates to loss of power. My 75 is X packed and sometimes goes like the wind at others as if it was never done, cant find it though any ideas Matt?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts