MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the above car for 6 months , its done about 15000 miles.
I have occasions when starting down motorway access slip roads at fast rate that the turbo seems to drop out for a split second and kick in again..resulting in a jerk as though lifting off the accelarator and stamping down again.

I also find that even at speeds around 60mph that if I accelarate quickly I hear a whine as though the turbo" fans" were scraping metal or sucking in air so fast it whistles! Again the drop off occurs and the same jerk happens.

The dealers are clueless and suggest I be "tame" with the throttle!

Apart from anyting else I wonder if this "jerk" will damage the engine.

Any suggestion gratefully received

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 1.8 turbo 75 and after a couple of visits to my dealer they guessed it was the pressure sensor on the inlet manifold. They changed it and it's been as smooth as silk ever since.

Art White said:
I have had the above car for 6 months , its done about 15000 miles.
I have occasions when starting down motorway access slip roads at fast rate that the turbo seems to drop out for a split second and kick in again..resulting in a jerk as though lifting off the accelarator and stamping down again.

I also find that even at speeds around 60mph that if I accelarate quickly I hear a whine as though the turbo" fans" were scraping metal or sucking in air so fast it whistles! Again the drop off occurs and the same jerk happens.

The dealers are clueless and suggest I be "tame" with the throttle!

Apart from anyting else I wonder if this "jerk" will damage the engine.

Any suggestion gratefully received

·
Registered
918 Posts
Part Number?

Does anyone have the part number for the "pressure sensor on the inlet manifold"? I am having exactly the same problem with my ZT 1.8T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts