MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rover 620Ti 1997/P reg (Black Handles)

I have found the small black hose on top of the right hand side of the radiator has came off after the car was running at idle for a little while, then once all the water has pi55ed out on the floor,

i found that the black plastic part of the radiator which the hose pushed onto has snapped and is about 6mm long now so the hose was only just connected.

but after trying to "modify" this earlier i managed to completely snap it off, so im stuck now and i need to know wether or not i need a new rad or can i get the black bit thats along the top of the rad.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
the black bit will be sealed to the matrix core of the radiator if water runs through it, so replaceing this will be pulling one off another rad and then trying to reseal it to withstand high coolant pressures.

if i were you, get a new one then you know its going to do the job and its not going to cost much, especially if the old one is a bit rough. - worth it in the long run.

or go to a breakers and try and source a 2nd hand one it might be the case that the 800 vitty ones are the same or the R8 turbos might have the same rad, which should make the search easier

good luck...

Rich

·
Registered
rover_25
18 Posts
Been there done that bouht the t shirt...........

New rad........

And they're totally different to the 800 ones and are also different to the non turbo ones. You need a 620Ti one.

[email protected] design IMHO!

Jon

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
targed said:
Been there done that bouht the t shirt...........

New rad........

And they're totally different to the 800 ones and are also different to the non turbo ones. You need a 620Ti one.

[email protected] design IMHO!

Jon

I wouldn't say its a rubbish design, just the way it is, different car , different rad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts