MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rover 600 Tow Bar electrics query:

I've fitted tow bars to several of my cars including two 620ti. I have spliced into the loom using those blue scotch connectors which work quite well but, are a little unsightly.

Near the electric aerial in the boot of R600s, there's a 'spare' female connector which has all the wires needed to connect for the tow bar electrics. I have yet to find a male connector but, if one is available it will be so much more convenient than splicing into the loom.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain one of these 'male' connectors. Maybe there's already a matching male connector elsewhere on the car's loom which can be used from a breaker car. Any advice or guidance here will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Be careful with scotchlocks - caused a small fire in my 220 - luckily I had a fire extinguiser and managed to stop and put out. My new printer (which was in the boot) didn't survive very well.

MGJOHN - I have some towing electrics from a freelander - with a small white plug moulded on the end. Any chance of taking a pic of your 600 connector and posting or mailing to [email protected]

I fitted a towing pack to a Series 2 Discovery last September and that had an orange plug that fitted behind the RH tail lamp. Might be a small chance, but could be a common fitment??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts