MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay all. I have the previousley mentioned Rover 623. Lovely car, much more comfortable than I had expected.

Sad part is the CD changer is missing so have only radio and tape deck. Have ordered a new cd/mp3 head unit, but can anyone help me out with a diagram of the wires the 623 will have and what they are.

Thanks in advance (its a T reg version of the 623)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Standard ISO leads mate,remove head unit,unplug and connect new one. Dependent on the new head unit purchased you may need an adaptor lead if you dont fancy soldering.Also the only downside ( if it is one ) you will lose the clock displaying the radio station etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume the clock wil simply function as a clock right, if thats the case I can live with that anyway.,

One thing I noticed was, I have the plug with the speakers connected (obvious by the wires) another with maybe 4, and I know these are live, grnd, and ant cos my car kit is hooked up to them, then there are 2 slim ones with rather fat wires in.

I assume these would have been for poer to the boot cd?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
On the back of your standard head unit your have 3 chunky iso plugs, power,speakers and cd mulitplayer. The slim line one on the side is for the clock display which will still function as a clock with a different head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts